A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 24 November 2022

Hedgehogs and Stars

I would love to use up some of decorative / patterned paper I've had for many years but my card making style has changed a lot so it's no longer the go-to supply it used to be.  I'm challenging myself to try and use it a few times a month even if it's only to border a focal image like I did in today's card:


I stamped and watercoloured the image, using metallic gold paint for the stars.  I bordered with a decorative paper covered in metallic gold stars and embellished with Fun Flock on the brims and pom poms of the hats.

It's being linked up at:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - "Anything Goes - Optional Embellishment" - I'm not sure if Fun Flock counts as an embellishment but it's great to use on Santa hats.









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs, Bazzill dp
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Fun Flock

7 comments:

  1. So adorable. LOVE these hedgehogs. The star border is so fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little Hedgie and a great way to use up some DP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little hedgehogs are so cute, Susan! You used the DP so well, matching the star pattern with the star banner the hedgies are holding!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The patterned paper is a perfect match for your beautifully coloured image! Thanks for sharing at PBSC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used this paper as background matt. The hedgies are so sweet and the stars match the stars on your pattern paper - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cute hedgies and the pretty paper with the gold stars makes a wonderful background for then Susan. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, Susan! Love these hedgies with the string of stars and the perfect paper to put behind this image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.