A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 November 2022

Stars and a Tree, and a Dog and a Present

A couple of simple Christmas cards today.


I inked up the tree stamp with green Distress mini inkpads, spritzed lightly with water, and stamped on watercolour paper. When dry, I stamped the stars and sentiment. I popped that panel up on fun foam on gold shimmer cs and added that to a red shimmer card base.


Stamped and watercoloured, matted with red cs, and popped up on fun foam on the card base.

Challenge for card 1:

Christmas Kickstart "Trees, Trees, Trees"

Challenges for card 2:

Addicted to CAS "Present"


Do-All Kreatives "Animals and Christmas"

Our badge to take with you 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Art Impressions tree, PTI sentiment, SU star cluster
Ink - Distress Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough, Delicata Golden Glitz, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - watercolour paper, gold and red shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SSS sentiment, ? dog
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, red and cream cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of that tree. It looks like you painted it free hand. Sweet image of dog with his present. I hope it's a warm blanket and lots of treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tree, Susan! I love the watery coloring! Your second card looks like Tessa opening her Christmas present! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautifully CAS cards, love your artsy inked and spritzed tree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that little face. Such a fabulous card. so glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes, Susan. That tree is stunning and I love the watercolour effect. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the watercolor-look of the stamped tree, Susan! I can see your love of dogs in the cute and mischievous dog of the second card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool X-Mas cards :) Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.