A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 7 November 2022

Sparkly Christmas Tree with a Star

I'm entering this card in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I chose the line that says "Christmas Tree, Sparkle, Star".  And in the Christmas Kickstart "Trees, Trees, Trees" challenge.


I haven't done the encrusted jewels technique for ages so thought this was a good way to use a variety of my glitters to add sparkle.

Here's the technique: I die cut the tree from thin chipboard, then placed it in the Tim Holtz Melting Pot on top of a layer of non-stick craft mat then parchment paper. I sprinkled it with two different shades of green embossing powder. Once it had melted, I added white and multi-coloured chunky glitter on top. The melted embossing powder holds the glitter in place. To finish it off, I melted UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) on top.

I then die cut the tree from fun foam and attached it immediately to the encrusted jewel tree to give it a bit more body so that it wouldn't bend and crack.

I made a background by smooshing with light blue Distress oxide inks. I trimmed a panel for the tree to go on top of, and then a smaller piece with a torn edge for a snow bank to go on top of the tree trunk.

And finished off with a bit more sparkle - a star cut from gold glitter cs.

I couldn't decide where to add a sentiment so will just put it inside.

Here's the Tic Tac Toe Challenge:


Christmas Kickstart Challenge

 

 







Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink - various blue Distess Oxide inks
Paper - white cs, gold glitter cs, lightweight chipboard
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - tree and star dies, various types of glitter, two different green embossing powders, UTEE

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. The shine is wonderful and the technique produced this fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous encrused jewel tree, Susan! I haven't done this technique for ages either. A great reminder to pull out my hot plate! :) I love it with the softly watercoloured background. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a work of art, Susan! What a beautiful Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful background for your lovely tree Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.