A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 8 January 2022

A New Dove Die

Every year my best friend asks me to make about 10 peace / dove themed Christmas cards for her as part of my fundraiser.  So I'm always on the lookout for new stamps or dies.  I spotted this die just before Christmas and ordered it for myself.  And the Jingle Belles challenge is asking us to use something new we got pre- or post-Christmas.

I created the background by stencilling the snowflakes with glitter paste, then sprinkling a bit of two shades of blue Brushos around the snowflakes and spritzing lightly.

The card base and the dove are cut from a shimmery cream cs and the olive branch from shimmery green cs.

I love getting going on my Christmas stash for my November fundraiser!  And Vancouver's snow puts me in the mood!









Supplies:
Paper - cream and green shimmer cs, mixed media cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - MFT dove die, snowflake stencil, glitter paste, blue Brushos

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, love the simplicity ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful background and love the Dove die cut on your peaceful card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dove looks so peaceful with the gorgeous brusho background with glittery snowflakes, Susan! The sparkle and texture of the stenciled snowflakes are pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty dove, Susan! Love the way you did the background with the sparkly snowflakes and the satiny green branch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty dove die, Susan!! LOVE that gorgeous background. The glitter snowflakes are sparkly and gorgeous with the blue ink . xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so peaceful and calm. A beautiful, snowy background with the glitter snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such pretty glitter paste snowflakes they are perfect against your artfully inky background and the best home ever for the gorgeous diecut dove! so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet there were a lot of oooh's and aaaah's when the envelopes were opened - beautiful colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely die and fabulous card ... so very glad you shared what Santa brought you with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.