A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 17 January 2022

Gold and Silver Star Shaker

Reminder time for CAS Christmas's Silver and Gold challenge!  I did a shaker card filled with silver and gold.


I created the top panel by trimming it with a stitched die and then die cutting a star in the centre of it.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold and the small stars in silver.

I added a layer of acetate behind the star and then a layer of thick fun foam (also with the star die cut out of it).  I filled the shaker with tiny gold hexagons and tiny silver stars (hard to photograph them and get their accurate colour!).  Then added a backing layer and taped the whole thing to the card base.

There's lots more inspiration for you over at CAS Christmas.  You have until January 24 to link up a card.  Please be sure it is clean and simple, and follows the challenge of silver and gold.









Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment, Stampendous tiny star
Ink - ColorBox gold and silver
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.75" square
Accessories - Sizzix star die, Lil Inker stitched square die, silver and gold embossing powder, acetate, Nuvo tiny gold hexagons and tiny silver stars

14 comments:

  1. Susan, how clever to make a shaker card and adding the silver and gold inside! I love that you did a star die cut for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to create a shaker, Susan! I love all the sparkle and that you chose a star for your focal point ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the silver and gold shaker card Susan!! And I love that the silver in the shaker are stars ... so perfect for your star card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shaker card, Susan! I love the gold and silver bits and the embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shaker card Susan and love those tiny gold and silver shakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and such a fun idea to make a shaker card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this just sparkles IRL. It is so pretty and I love a shaker card but never think to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is this??!! I love that you made a shaker card Susan, and the gold and silver elements make this card just stunning! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love shakers Susan - and yours is so pretty in the heart shape with the silver and gold glitters inside! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun star shaker card, Susan! The tiny gold hexagons and silver stars are so sparkling and pretty! (and I'm sure more sparkling and prettier IRL). Using the challenge colors for heat-embossing is a wonderful touch too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely star shaker card, Susan. So pretty in silver and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun and fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful. Great use of the challenge colours.
    I’ve been eyeing the glimmer dual line rectangle, but didn’t see any samples that showed it off well… until now that is! 😂 Onto my wish list it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous shaker card Susan, such a clever way to use the silver and gold, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.