A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 13 January 2022

A Snow Person

Christmas Crafts All Year Round wants "Snow People" this month.


The snowman is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils, trimmed with a hemstitch rectangle die (I'm in love with these dies as they really add a lot of interest to what is basically a very simple card), and layered on a red card base.  The little star over the letter "i" in the sentiment inspired me to add a few tiny stick-on star embellishments.

Our cold snowy weather has really got me enthused about making Christmas cards!









Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders hemstitch rectangle die, tiny silver stick-on stars

9 comments:

  1. What a fun snowman, loving his scarf and yes the hemstitch die sure is pretty Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the hemstitch border. It adds interest with the color peeking through. The scarf and hatband are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet snowman, Susan. I see you now have the Hemstitch Rectangle Die Cut set...I now have the Square set too...Love them both. I love your red CS peeking thru your border:-) Enjoy your snow, my friend. I still prefer rain:-) Our snow is so wet and messy! We are back to rain:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. I like the colored scarf of the snowman, it gives the card a different level. Thank you for joining us in the CCAYR Call. We hope you will take part in our next call. Martina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowman is so sweet, especially with his cool scarf, Susan! I completely agree with you on the hemstitch die. I love it too!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this snowman's scarf and hat band, Susan! The stars are a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he's so cute and you're right about that die, it makes the perfect CAS frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Susan. LOVE that snowman. The stickle stars add some wonderful shine. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.