A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 18 January 2022

Polar Bears against a Pearly Winter Sky

The Paper Players want to see Winter Animals on a CAS card.  I went with polar bears.  And there are a bunch of January challenges that want blue (as many of you know, it's my favourite colour).

 

The background was created with the faux mother of pearl technique using various blue Distress inks and a silver pearlescent paint.  I added the die cut bears (cut twice and stacked for more dimension) and a star of wonder die cut.

The Paper Players


AAA Cards Clean and Simple Challenge

Colorful Options - "Winter Blue"

 

The Sisterhood of Crafters - "The Color Blue"

The Four Seasons Challenge - "Anything Goes Winter"

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - I chose the diagonal line "Winter, CAS, Free"


 

 

  







Supplies:
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp sentiment
Ink - various Distress blue inks, Distress Faded Jeans for the sentiment
Paper - white cs
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - unknown bear die, Memory Box star, silver metallic paint

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous polar bears, I just made a polar bear card myself at Double D! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💙💙💙 this! Your ink blending is amazing. This card is precious; it is so sweet and peaceful. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan what a fabulous card! LOVE your background ... just beautiful and very cold looking! The bears are fabulous ... awesome scene you've created! I thank you very much for sharing with us over on the Colorful Options challenge and I will also thank you in advance (though I don't see them added there yet) for joining us at the Four Seasons and Sisterhood challenges! Good Luck and I can't wait to see what you create next!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your parade of polar bears against the ink blended sky - thanks for sharing this with us at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your polar bears and the blue and white is one of my favorite winter combos. Lovely star and a nice CAS look. Thank you for joining us.

    Bunny proud designer for The Four Seasons Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely, love your whole design and thanks so much for entering our challenge, The COLOUR BLUE,
    with your fabulous design at[aNNie designer for The Sisterhood of Crafters]
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful, icy looking sky, Susan! The polar bears look right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the polar bears and your cold winter blue background, I have that die and never think to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the polar bears its a beautiful icy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.