A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 19 January 2022

A Hanukkah Card

When I hold my annual fundraiser Christmas card sale, I always include several Hanukkah cards.  So when I saw the Just Us Girls colour challenge of white, light blue, and silver, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get a Hanukkah card made.

I smooshed a white tag into a couple of tones of light blue oxide inks, attached it to the card with a silver brad, topped it with a die cut Star of David cut out of silver glitter cs, and added a sentiment strip across it.  I embellished the card base with some white die cut 6 pointed stars.

Just Us Girls










Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink -
Paper -
Size -
Accessories -

7 comments:

  1. I adore tags on cards and this Hanukkah card is fabulous! The tag background looks really wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Susan. The silver glitter Star of David is lovely and I like the smooshed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glittery Star of David, Susan! Along with the pretty background, it's a perfect card to celebrate Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background on the tag is amazing! I love it! Glad you found the colors to be perfect for this card theme. I think it will sell very well! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your tag card looks great with the star of David and splashes of blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your glittery Star of David and CAS tag card design, Susan. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully smooshed light blue background, Susan! The glittery Star of David looks fantastic on the sky-like background.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.