A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 5 January 2022

Blue and Green Sparkle

The Paper Players want to see "Sparkle" and I have a lot of scraps of glitter cs leftover from Christmas card making.  So I made a sparkly winter card.


I die cut all the pieces twice - once out of the glitter cs, once out of scrap cs - glued them together to give them more substance and arranged them on a dry embossed background.  The bird has a bit of foam tape under him to pop him up above the pine branch.

The Paper Players "Sparkle"


The Four Seasons Challenge "Anything Winter"









Supplies:
Paper - blue and green glitter cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box bird die, Penny Black sentiment die, Impression Obsession pine branch die, snowflake embossing folder

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and I love the embossing folder! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and LOVE all the sparkle goodness! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply BEAUTIFUL Susan! I have that background embossing folder and never even used it once this year (yet) ... since it's still winter here I guess I need to lay it out as a reminder to utilize it ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, your card is so so pretty! I love the embossing you added, it's the perfect backdrop for the shimmery die cuts. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and you nailed the sparkle part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Susan! All of this sparkle is perfect for my challenge at The Paper Players this week. I am so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of your snippets Susan, gorgeous sparkle and shine on this pretty card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use those bits of glitter paper, Susan! Love all this sparkle and the shades of blue and green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty, pretty! The shapes are gorgeous on their own, even more so with the glitter paper! Such beautiful colors, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All sparkly and textural and so eye catching Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the textured background and your lovely sparkled die-cuts. Hmmm ... may need to buy the sentiment die! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan:
    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card at The Four Seasons Challenge. I love it, and I'm so grateful to have you play along.
    Blessings,
    karen L, DT
    THe Four Seasons Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
      Come play along!!! Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and lots of great prizes.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.