A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Floral Birthday

A birthday card for a dear friend:

 
I coloured the image with my new Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains - love the colours of them!  I added a bit of splatter and a few sequins, and, for a change from my usual cream or white, I used a dark coloured card base.
 
It's for The Paper Players Tic Tac Toe challenge.   I chose the left hand column - feminine, birthday, florals.









Supplies:
Stamps - Altenew Charmed flowers, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour and dark green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains, sequins, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. Susan, You did such a beautiful job with your Cosmics! Your friend is going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players for our Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour combo with the new watercolours. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card for your friend's birthday, Susan! Love the colours you've used to watercolour the pretty blooms. LOVE the dark card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The loose water colouring looks so pretty and the green card base looks fabulous Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Susan, I bet this looks gorgeous in hand. The soft water coloring and splatters are fabulous. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jayde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers, Susan! Love those colors! A beautiful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning, Susan! The coloring on your flowers is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful birthday card, Susan! Love the colors of Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains, and the overall color palette! The fine splatters and the sequins are wonderful finishing touches!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.