A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Q is for Quilt

A rainy day is a good time to make a really fiddly time-consuming card!  Fitting in all the little pieces of decorative paper for a quilt design definitely qualifies for fiddly!  But it's perfect for the Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge "Something that Starts with Q or R".  So here's my "Q is for Quilt" card:

I used my Gina Marie quilt die, cutting it three times out of various dp. I then stuck the border down on a sheet of double sided tape, trimmed around the edge, and filled in the pattern with the pieces from two of the other dps. I'll have to make two more to use up all the dp pieces!

Popped it up on fun foam and added a sentiment.

I feel like I'm finally inspired to work on Christmas cards!  So you'll be seeing lots of them in the weeks to come!








Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - cream cs, various dp
Size - 5x5.25"
Accessories - Gina Marie quilt die, fun foam, sheet of double sided tape

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Love this die and better yet loved the way you made it Christmas. I even went on a hunt for it as a former quilter. Nothing lovelier or warmer at Christmas than a quilt. Great choice of papers to create that wonderful eye-appealing card! Sorry Susan, had typos and deleted to correct them and repost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card. The work left you with a great card to send somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...Love your gorgeous Quilt Work of Art, Susan. How awesome that you will get 2 more Quilt cards out of your leftover pieces of die cut DPs....on a rainy day:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card and so worth the effort with those intricate quilt die cuts. Yay to seeing a few more! x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A quilt card warms the heart and this is just lovely. My eyes would cross before I could get a card like that done but yours is just wonderful. I love those papers and how cool you can make three cards from the cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful mix of Christmas papers and a cozy Christmas quilt! So pretty, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mix of Christmas patterned papers, Susan. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.