A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 September 2021

Stamped Ribbon

I'm entering this card in the Jingle Belles Tic Tac Toe challenge and hoping that when they ask for ribbon, stamped ribbon rather than actual ribbon will count!


I stamped on Gina K heavy weight cardstock because alcohol markers won't go through it.

I went over the pine branches with a couple of different green alcohol markers, used a red one on the candy canes, and a bright green one for the ribbon. I did the ribbon's borders with a green glitter pen, and also the ornaments are coloured with a gold glitter pen.

I stamped the sentiment in gold and created a frame from gold shimmer cs.

I chose the right hand vertical column from the Jingle Belles Tic Tac Toe challenge - stamping, ribbon (the green bow of the image), gold.










Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous candy canes, Rubber Soul jo
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Delicata Golden Glitz
Paper - gold shimmer and Gina K white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - alcohol markers (Copics, Letraset), Atyou Spica gold and green glitter pens, MFT pierced rectangle frame die

9 comments:

  1. What pretty candy canes, bow and foliage and all framed in gold...Love it Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... your coloring is gorgeous & the frame really makes it pop ... so very glad you played Tic Tac Toe with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty stamp and so beautifully colored, Susan! Love the ribbon with the glittery edges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Susan! Wonderful colouring with alcohol markers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clean and neat looking this is. Love the festive colors and the beautiful way it's colored. Wonderful framing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and you just taught me something. Just sort of touching the pine needles colored them and they look great. I would have tried to color each line and made a mess. The bright frame is a nice compliment to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes stamped ribbon is a very cool interpretation and of course your coloring takes that lovely image to the next level and beyond! thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring, Susan! The green ribbon really pops, and the glitter detail makes a big difference!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image Susan, and so pretty coloured with Alcohol ink pens. I rarely use mine so great reminder to pull them out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.