A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16 September 2021

Autumn Coloured Sympathy

CAS Mix Up has a watercolour challenge "Autumn Colours".  I made a sympathy card using autumn colours as I don't need any actual autumn cards.


I'm trying to use my older SU sets to be sure I want to keep them (I really am trying to weed out stuff I don't use!).  I've decided this set will be a keeper.

I used Distress inks, stamping the outlines first. When I stamped the filler stamps, I inked them then spritzed lightly with water to get a paler colour and a more watercolour look.

I split my panel in three and mounted on fun foam on a kraft card base to continue with the autumn colours theme.

CAS Mix Up Watercolour Challenge

 








Supplies:
Stamps - SU Simply Soft, Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - various brown Distress inks, Archival Potting Soil
Paper - kraft and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, it's so hard to decide what to keep, so a great way of finding out ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye catching design and such an effective watercolour technique Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sympathy card Susan. I do love this set and agree it's a keeper. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set is definitely a keeper, Susan! So beautifully colored! I love how you've cut the design image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolored flowers...yes, a keeper:-) I love how you cut your piece into 3 panels and mounted on kraft paper. A soothing thoughtful sympathy card. TFS my friend and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your soft colors on kraft for this sympathy card, Susan. This is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure this set would be a keeper if it was mine! Love the tri-panel design and your soft autumn colors. I wouldn't have guessed they were two-step stamps. Interesting how you stamped the outline first. Great idea! It's lovely to see your card in our CAS Mix Up gallery, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used these Fall colors in such a unique way. Obviously, you have no problems with layered stamps and I really like the tryptic design, as well. You're right this stamp set is a keeper...so versatile. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sympathy card, Susan! Love the 3-split-panel design and the very soft watercolor-look in autumn colors!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely and is surely a keeper. The design looks beautiful and the soft autumn colors are so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not surprised that this set is a keeper Susan, and you've used such lovely shades with the kraft card base too, a lovely creation!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.