A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 6 September 2021

A Snowglobe for Jingle Belles

The Jingle Belles challenge inspired this card:


I was inspired by the snowglobes, the dark pastel colours, and the coloured background from their inspiration image:

But I had to go with blue rather than their purple as I'm really not a purple person (but love blue and white for Christmas cards).

I used my new Taylored Expressions stamp / die combo.  I stamped it in black and die cut it, and also die cut two others without stamping to stack up behind it. I glued acetate between the top two layers.

On the small centre piece that got cut out of the die, I stamped and heat embossed the cabin. Then sponged bright blue for the sky and very light blue for the snowy ground. I added glitter to the trees and roof, and sprinkled a bit of extra glitter over the acetate.

I glued everything to a background of snowy dp and then mounted on a white cardbase.

I've been thinking of lots of my stamps that would work really well for the interior image of the snowglobe so might make a few more.

 







Supplies:
Stamps - SU Cozy Christmas cabin, Taylored Expressions snowglobe, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, various Distress blues
Paper - white cs, unknown dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Taylored Expressions snowglobe die, clear embossing powder, glitter, scrap of acetate

11 comments:

  1. Love the glittery snow globe, Susan! The blue background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan, love your cozy cottage in the sparkly snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful snow globe cabin image and background, Susan. Your DSP snowy background was perfect too. It will be fun making more cards using the same snowglobe design. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous snow globe card with pretty glitter and love the background paper too x. The inspiration photo looks fun too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that snow globe stamp combined with the cozy cabin. Your blue is so soothing. The added glitter is perfect! Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coziest scene and perfect inside the snow globe. Snug and warm while the snow sparkles outside. This is lovely, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Susan!! I love that snowy, cozy cabin in the woods. Perfect for the inside of your snowglobe. Awesome sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that is a beautiful snow globe scene... perfectly stamped and colored and made into the most charming card! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun once more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. snowy snow globe scene perfection ... so very glad you shared your Christmas Cookie inspired design with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Snowglobe card. No surprise .I love the colour! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty pastel blue snow globe card, Susan! I love how the sky and the snowy ground look. And yes, I can imaging you can make a lot of variations by changing the scenes inside the snow globe.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.