A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 27 September 2021

Gratitude and Two Horses

I can't believe how quickly September has passed by!  So I'm posting today for two challenges that are going to close soon.

First up, The Day of the Month card challenge is celebrating World Gratitude Day. 

I used blues, greens, and yellows Distress inks for my tissue paper background, following this tutorial on SCS done by my good friend, Loll Thompson.  I ran a piece of white cs through a flowery embossing folder.   I then die cut a stitched oval window out of the panel.  The tissue paper background was set behind the window and a die cut "thanks" mounted on it.


Next up is a card for the ABC Christmas Challenge "T for Two".  I used one of my favourite stamps of two horses wearing Santa hats.

I stamped the horses in black and the sentiment in red, added fun flock to the Santa hats and glitter to the top of the fence, bordered the panel with red, and popped it up on fun foam.

I'm also adding it to September Rudolph Days (anything goes Christmas).

 

Thanks for stopping by!  I might be back tomorrow as I try to get a few more September challenges done!








Supplies for card 1:
Ink - various blue, green, and yellow Distress inks
Paper - tissue paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - embossing folder, "thanks" die, Lil Inker stitched oval die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Impression Obsession horses, unknown sentiment
Ink - white and red cs
Paper - Versafine Clair Nocturne, SU Real Red
Size - A2
Accessories - red marker, fun flock, glitter, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. This pretty thanks shows beautifully on the colored tissue paper! Love the oval embossed framing! I always love seeing these horses with their Santa caps! Love the flocking that makes them look so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colored tissue paper background for your oval window on your 1st dry embossed card. TFS the link to the tissue paper technique...it sure looked like an Alcohol Ink background..beautiful, Susan. Love your unique and beautiful T for Two horses Christmas card. Adding the fun flock and glitter on the Christmas hats made the cards into very special cards for the Christmas season. TFS both beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards~ I love the way you have highlighted the Santa hats on the second card, they are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful!! Love the design of the background!! Glad you joined us at DotMCC again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Susan, love the soft colours on the tissue paper and your horse card will be perfect for your sale at the end of the year (love that one :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this alcohol background is gorgeous. I am in love with AI on vellum but have not tried it on tissue paper. Another cool thing to try. A beautiful embossing folder that you used too. Those horses warm my heart and their Santa hats are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a fabulous card and I love your stamped image of the horses with their Santas hats.
    The flocking around the hats looks brilliant and your colouring of the hats is super.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both those cards! I've never succeeded with the tissue paper but then again never had the right kind. What a great effect with the added embossed card front. And those horses, I swear I look at that stamp every year and think I should buy it. Now that you have used it I may just do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours and fabulous dry embossing on the first and what an super adorable second one. Both cards are fabulous Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant thank you note, Susan! Your tissue paper background is so beautiful, and the die-cut sentiment fits in the oval window perfectly!
    I LOVE your horse card! It's filled with your love for horses. The pretty red Santa hats bring the black and white horse image into life!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards Susan. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I LOVE this card and have it hanging in my studio! :) The colours are so beautiful and love the texture from the pretty dry embossed background. Your two horses look like they are scheming about what to do for Christmas holidays. :) They are so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards - love the furry Santa hats!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.