A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 3 September 2021

Christmas Cracker Plaid

Can you believe it's already September?!!  Where has the summer gone?  

I'm here to inspire you to get going on those Christmas cards.  The CAS Christmas challenge is hosted by Colleen this month and she is asking for "Plaid".

I had saved a few pieces of plaid foil that were the wrappers around Christmas crackers and I used that for my background.  Forgive the dreadful photo - I had a terrible time photographing it as the foil either went totally black or bounced off way too much light.

 
It's definitely a CAS card!  Stamped and heat embossed tree and sentiment (using the new Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness - a great Christmas green), popped up on fun foam on the plaid, and embellished with three little stick-on stars.  It took far longer to photograph it than to make it!  I might use up the rest of the foil plaid and make a few more as it was so quick, and in real life, looks better than in the photo.
 
So please come and join us at CAS Christmas.  You have until September 24th to link up.  There's lots of inspiration from the Design Team and this month's wonderful Guest Designer, Melanie.
 
 








Supplies:
Stamps - SU tree, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness
Paper - cream cs, plaid foil from a Christmas cracker
Size - 6.25x4.25"
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam, stick-on gold stars

15 comments:

  1. Excellent way to upcycle the cracker wrappings, Susan!! Perfect as a mat layer to your lovely tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the wrappers from your crackers, Susan...I love the shimmer, and your tree is beautiful! I recently bought this Distress Oxide ink and now I can't wait to use it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique using the foil plaid wrapper to showcase your cute Christmas tree. Lovely card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rustic Wilderness is my favorite Distress color! I love how it goes with this gorgeous red plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plaid foil is gorgeous and shiny. Love the colours! What quick way to create a very Christmas-y background. So pretty with your Christmas tree stamped on the white panel. Am loving the rustic wilderness ink as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plaid looks so pretty IRL, great idea saving re using wrapping it's perfect for the challenge. -Love the card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the pretty foil and great re-cycling Susan. A really pretty CAS Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great design using the foil and a wonderful way to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a feeling it might be a wrapper and I think that is a fabulous way to recycle and reuse and it turned out magnificent and I bet in real life it really does shine and sparkle! Love your tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your foil plaid Susan and it looks FABULOUS with your simple pine tree and stars! Great way to upcycle and end up with such a lovely, lovely card!! Hugs, Marcia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful way to use the cracker wrapping paper, Susan! You made a beautiful frame out of it. The simply stamped tree and sentiment balanced well with the festive and shiny frame. You did a good job of photographing the foil! We all know how difficult and time-consuming it is to take a good picture of shiny stuff. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shiny shimmery foil looks wonderful behind the gorgeous tree, such a festive feeling card Susan, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that you saved that gorgeous shiny plaid paper Susan! It's the perfect background for your beautiful line pine tree - a beautiful design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea to re-use the cracker wrapper. Gives amazing shine and frames the tree beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So clever! I've paid a lot of money for paper similar to the cracker packaging! Turned out perfect for the plaid challenge. Thank you so much for letting me join as guest designer for the September challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.