A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Two More Valentines

I've got a last couple of Valentines today.


I sprayed some gold spray on mixed media cs and then took the nozzle out of the bottle and tapped the tube to get some larger drops to fall.  I wrapped some gold thread around the panel.  I die cut the hearts out of red glitter cs and arranged them across the panel. Popped it up on fun foam for dimension.

Here's another photo showing the sparkle of the spray on the upper left corner.  It's so hard to capture it in a photo.


It's for the Just Us Girls "Slim Line Cards" challenge.

 

And the NBUS Challenge - I've never used those heart dies before.


Moving on to my second card:


I sprinkled pink Magicals on watercolour paper and spritzed with water. I die cut the circle of hearts out of white cs and layered it over the pink Magicals layer. I stamped the sentiment in the centre and popped the whole panel up on fun foam.

Here's a close-up that picks up the sparkle of the Magicals:


This card is for Addicted to CAS "Code Word: Hearts"


 

Thanks for stopping by today!








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - red glitter, white, and mixed media cs
Size - small slimline - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - Penny Black All My Hearts die set, gold spray, gold thread, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - Memento Rose Bud
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - pink Magicals, heart circle die, fun foam


10 comments:

  1. Two beautiful and sparkly Valentine's Day cards Susan. I love those pretty red die-cut hearts with the different designs. So beautiful when paired with the gold spray and cording. And the pink shimmers behind the heart wreath apertures. Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more pretty valentine's, Susan! Love the gold spray and splatter and the thread along with the sweet red glitter hearts! The magical pink background shows through the die cut beautifully! So feminine but not too fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty cards and the sparkle looks beautiful on both of your romantic and wonderful cards Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful Valentine's Day cards, Susan. Your pink and gold look beautiful together on your 1st card. Love the pink Magical's on your 2nd card. TFS and the inspiration, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed, Susan. I just love those hearts, so very different. They look great in the red glitter. Your pink is gorgeous too- two great cards for Valentines. I may have to break down and get some Magicals after seeing you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty and perfect for Valentine’s. The shimmer must look amazing IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely cards! I love what you did with the slim line card. Thanks so much for playing along this week with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun slimline -- I love the gold thread use too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the circle of pink hearts with the little touch of glimmer. Fabulous CAS card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.