A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 4 February 2021

Encouragement

A card for my youngest sister who's having a hard time during Covid as she's lost most of her hours at work and is so worried about getting way behind on her mortgage.


I love the Kay Foley sentiment stamps and I have this one that I think offers real encouragement when people go through a hard time.

Since the sentiment takes up most of the card, I wanted to create an interesting background for it so used a whole bunch of Distress Oxide inks (the colours for this week's Color Throwdown).  I dabbed each ink on my craft mat, spritzed with water, then pressed my mixed media cs into it, drying between layers.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and added two die cut wildflowers for interest.

I'm linking it up at the Color Throwdown challenge.











Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Oxides (Wilted Violet, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Antique Linen, and Seedless Preserves)
Paper - white and black cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz Wildflower dies, clear embossing powder

16 comments:

  1. Your card is breathtaking. And what a great message! Thank you for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, uplifting sentiment, Susan! The background is gorgeous and the black die cut flowers frame it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first, wow to that wonderful and encouraging sediment! Second, wow, to the awesome colors you were able to lay down for your background, Susan, and I love the extra interest from the silhouette wildflowers! I'm sorry to hear that your sister is struggling. Your card will bring her a lot of comfort. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this one, Susan! Your background is fabulous and that sentiment is so perfect for so many occasions. What a great verse and love that you framed it with the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree it’s a fabulous encouragement sentiment. Amazing smooshed background. Those colours work so well with each other.
    Hope things turn around for your sister soon. She will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect sentiment that will make your sister feel better. LOVE the colours you've used for your gorgeous background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful sentiment for your sister. COVID has created so many worries. I'm sure she will love the sentiment and the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your sister's troubles. Such a difficult time for so many. Your sister will really love and appreciate your thoughtful card, Susan. Your Gorgeous artsy background and very appropriate sentiment are wonderful. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background with a beautiful and encouraging sentiment, Susan! The black wildflower silhouette pops beautifully against the pretty pastel colors. Your sister will love the card, and I hope she'll get her hours back soon.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and thoughtful card for your Sister Susan....My heart goes out to her x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful, uplifting card for your sister. I love all the colors in the background and how gorgeous they all look together. I believe in that sentiment with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriÅŸ
    betpark giriÅŸ
    7M08Z

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.