A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 18 February 2021

Masculine CAS Sympathy Card

A friend's father passed away so I made this sympathy card for him.


I masked off a rectangle on the main panel, sponged it with two shades of Distress inks, then stamped the branches while masked with solid ink and stamped off ink. After I removed the mask, I stamped the sentiment and one more branch in a dark brown.  I trimmed it with a white border and popped it up on fun foam.

While I had everything out, I made a variation on it as it's always good to have sympathy cards on hand and the ones I make are usually more feminine than these ones.


I flicked a bit of water on the sponged background, did a slightly different layout with the stamps and sentiment, and added a dark brown border.

I'm linking up to three challenges:

Cardz for Guyz - "A Masculine CAS Card"

Krafty Chicks Challenge - "A CAS Card"

Less is More - "Color Challenge - Chocolate"  (it can include chocolate caramel which is what I think my background is, with milk chocolate and dark chocolate stamping)







Supplies:
Stamps - SU Just Believe, PTI sympathy
Ink - Distress Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap, Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - masking tape, fun foam

16 comments:

  1. beautiful sympathy cards Susan, good idea making a second while the supplies were out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card, Susan for your friends father. I love your sponged background and stamped silhouette leaves in brown and green tones. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your 2nd variation sympathy card too. TFS both cards. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Fantastic take on our CAS challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sympathy cards Susan. I love the blended colours and brown stamping. Great idea to make two. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never resist a silhouette stamp and what a beautiful job you did with these. Thank you for listing your colors. These are really beautiful, masculine sympathy card. Love the arrangements on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine cards, Susan! Yummy colors of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sympathy cards look so peaceful and wonderful Susan. Great tonal colours and the stamping looks fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this type of card is the hardest to make. I love what you did with the masking part, it's such a fun way to stamp but we often forgot. TY for playing at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sympathy cards are always hard to make but this design is lovely. Your chocolate colours are perfect for our challenge at Less is More. Thank you for sharing, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful. So perfect as masculine sympathy cards. Clever and creative idea for the “chocolate” colour challenge at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are so beautiful and perfect for the occasion, Susan! Love the monochromatic serene scene. You inspired me to take out my Just Believe stamp set and play with it!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous inking and stamping, a beautiful, crisp design, I love it!
    Chrissie
    Co-creator and Guest Designer ""Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect masculine sympathy cards, the caramel and chocolate colourway strike just the right note.
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so perfect for sympathy cards. The blended colors are a pretty background for the images you used. It's nice to have sympathy cards on hand because sometimes it's so hard to make them at the time they are needed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.