A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 February 2021

Text-Backed Snowflakes

A Christmas card using text as a background for the Jingle Belles "Text Me Christmas" challenge:


I started by sponging my background with different shades of blue Distress inks. I then stamped the text over it with a grey-blue ink.

I repeatedly stamped the Visible Image snowflake with Versamark and then heat embossed with the Weathered Wood Embossing Glaze - it adds some colour and shine but allows the text stamping to show through. The tint in the embossing glaze adds a bit of colour and makes the snowflakes stand out more than a clear embossing powder. You can see the nice shine it gives on the upper left snowflake - they are all like that even though the photo doesn't show it.

I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cs in Distress Broken China and heat embossed it with the same Weathered Wood embossing glaze.

I popped the panel up on fun foam on the card base for some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by!








Supplies:
Stamps - Visible Image snowflake, Wendy Vecchi script stamp, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - various blue Distress inks
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Distress Weathered Wood embossing glaze, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Those snowflakes just shine and I love that sentiment. What a sweet way to look at snowflakes. We just had eight inches of butterflies fall here last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Susan! LOVE the gorgeous snowflakes paired with the text. The glaze adds some lovely shine and intensifies the colour of the snowflakes. LOVE IT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous Susan, love the tone on tone layers of colour and text backgrounds are always a favourte of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great effect, I love how the embossed snowflake blends seamlessly with the script background. a very clever technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background with your sponged blues and then your stamped text. I LOVE how your text shows thru your heat Embossed Glaze. I still have not tried that technique with my EB Glazes. Your beautiful card has me inspired, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that beautiful blue - wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty large snowflakes and I love how the script shows through! Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous snowflake card, Susan! I love that the Distress allows the text stamping to show through and still adds a bit of color. The different elements are beautifully put together under the blue color-theme.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shiny and pretty effect from the glaze....I really have to try this Susan x. A really beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that texty background with the bold snowflakes ... so glad you joined our TEXT-y Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, what an amazingly beautiful card and such a great display of brilliant stamping technique! so pleased you could join our TEXTY fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.