A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 11 February 2021

Japanese Hearts

A friend gave me a bunch of scraps of beautiful printed Japanese papers (I believe it's called Chiyogami paper) and they've been sitting on a shelf for ages.  I just realized lots of them are red and pink so thought I'd make a Valentine card for a friend who loves all things Japanese.



I die cut the printed paper with a small die, and then because the paper is very thin, I glued each one to a die cut white cs heart.  I wrapped my focal panel with gold cord, scattered the hearts along it, and added a gold heat embossed sentiment.

Linking up with:

Time-Out Photo Inspiration Challenge

 

Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets Playground







Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - scraps of printed Japanese papers, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - small heart die, gold cord, gold embossing powder, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die

14 comments:

  1. what a great way to use those beautiful papers. love your string of hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Japanese paper die cut hearts beautifully arranged using your gold cord. TFS your very special Valentine for a friend, Susan. Happy Valentine's Day to you. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Susan! I LOVE the Japanese papers you've used. This is the most gorgeous Valentine's Day card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just delightful, Susan. I had Japanese papers here and if I should be lucky enough to find them I may do some dies cuts inspired by your card. I never knew what to do with those papers. This is such a fun Valentine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a show stopper! Those papers are stunning and what a wonderful way to use them, Susan. The gold cord tying them together is lovely. Your friend will simply love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so rich and stunning, the gold accents just gives it such a regal appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thia is absolutely GORGEOUS. Those papers are beautiful, and the gold cord is the perfect compliment. I just love this, and so will your friend. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, my friend! I love this paper and how you've scattered the hearts across from the card! A true winner and I think my favorite of all the fantastic cards you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous papers and gorgeous card. This is a gentle nudge for me to use more of my stash of Japanese paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful and fun Valentine card, Susan! I love how you used Chiyogami and tied them together with gold cord! You inspired me to use my Chiyogami. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those papers are beautiful and so is your card Susan. The movement of those hearts and the way you have designed it is striking and stunning x. Yes I love all things Japanese too x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Susan and the papers are stunningly beautiful! You did them proud!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I love these gorgeous papers. So so beautiful!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.