A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 3 February 2021

Stealing the Christmas Tree

Hello CAS Christmas fans!  I'm hosting February's challenge and this month's theme will come as no surprise to those of you who know what an animal lover I am - "Dogs and / or Cats".

I went with dogs for this card:

I love the Penny Black spaniel images.  This one reminds me of my Tessa who loves to steal socks - when she dashes off with one, she has a similar look on her face as this dog who is stealing the Christmas tree.

A simple card - stamped, watercoloured, bordered with dark red, popped up on fun foam, and some Glossy Accents on the ornaments.  

I coloured the dog in Tessa's colours.  Here she is, guarding a sock she stole:

Please come and join us at CAS Christmas.  There's lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Jane (Onions and Paper blog).  And remember, it's never too early to start making your Christmas cards!








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - red and white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, glossy accents, fun foam

19 comments:

  1. What a fun card, I really like the motion in the image with the dogs ears flapping, great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you played with the prompt, Susan! Beautiful watercoon this fun little pup and your thin red borderloring
    ........ is perfect! Thanks so much for giving us such a great theme...Love your sweet Tessa :) Barb xx................................................................g

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pup looks so excited that he has his very own Christmas tree (even if he stole it!) beautiful coloring to look like your sweet Tessa Susan - what a fun challenge you gave us this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, what a fun little dog running away with the Christmas tree. Adorable card. Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan thank you for the challenge this month! I love your little dog dragging off the Christmas tree (after it had the lights on it, right?) LOL Just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting you did on this too cute pup! IT sure does look like Tessa and you used the perfect colors for it. That image even looks like it was fun to color too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa is so pretty and I like her choice of socks! Love this card with the fun pup stealing the Christmas tree! It makes me smile! Awesome coloring and I love how the narrow red border makes such an awesome frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is ADORABLE Susan....I just love that image!! And the photo of Tessa is just as ADORABLE! We have a sock stealing dog (Daisy) at our house too and she always goes under the bed and to the middle where I can't reach...grrrrrr!! But anyway, cute, cute card and FUN challenge this month...I loved it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge Susan,you know how I love dogs.
    your card is perfect take on Tess' personality as a thief, imagine if she could take the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this card Susan!! It's so fun and made me smile! And I love how it does look like Tessa! She looks a little forlorn in the photo ... like she's been caught doing something she shouldn't. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute running like crazy doggy with the little Christmas tree it stole (borrowed). Love how the glossy ornaments are flying off the tree and the smile on the dogs face. Sweet CAS design for your card too. TFS my friend and hosting a fun challenge. I do plan to play along with my new Colorado Crafts Co Christmas Dog set:-)
    Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute....I can just imagine it IRL
    Hope you are doing well mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dog is so pleased with himself for running off with the tree. His face says it all! Tessa is so cute. I love her long, floppy ears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable and fun spaniel card, Susan! Your watercoloring is beautiful! Tessa looks proud of the blue sock she stole from, or maybe FOR you. She knows her mom loves blue.
    Thank you so much for hosting this fun challenge!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real fun image Susan -great card. Tessa looks full of mischief too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this image Susan, such a happy look on his face racing away with the tree! The shiny red ornaments and red border really make it pop too. Tessa is gorgeous, what a cheeky girl stealing socks lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, Tessa! Adorable photo, stamp image and card! Beautiful watercoloring. Great challenge as it’s forcing me to use my cat stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card and Tessa is absolutely adorable too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is beautiful, Susan! Love the pic of Tessa too - so cute. She can steal my socks any time she wants, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.