A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Christmas Bells

The new CAS Christmas challenge is "Bells".

 

It was the perfect opportunity to pull out my bell dies and a scrap of gold glitter cs.


I die cut the bells, carefully saving the little stars that fell out of them.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on white cs and then trimmed it with a wonky stitched rectangle.

I threaded ribbon through the bells and taped it to the back of my sentiment panel, and then popped the bells up in place with pop dots.  I glued on the little stars that fell out of the dies.  I added the panel to the card base with fun foam.

We'd love to have you join us at CAS Christmas.  There is lots of inspiration from our Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, LeAnne (Wee Inklings).  You have until June 24th to enter.








Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Candied Apple
Paper - gold glitter and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Lil Inker bell dies, MFT Wonky Stitched rectangle die, sparkly embossing powder, pop dots, fun foam

15 comments:

  1. I love those Lil Inker jingle bell dies Susan...they are a staple for me every year! And how perfect is your sentiment too! CAS and just perfect!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely bells strung on your red ribbons! so pretty in the gold and you paired them with a lovely sentiment Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the red ribbon with those beautiful, gold, sparkly bells Susan! The red sentiment balances the design. And those little gold stars are so pretty scattered on your panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those bells and love them too, using the glitter paper is a perfect way to highlight those awesome bells. I love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you already know I would love this since we used the same dies! I love your ribbon treatment and that sweet sentiment! The wonky stitching works perfectly too! Thanks again for asking me to be a GD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous glittery bells, Susan. Love how you added the tiny stars and ribbon and your die cut wonky stitch frame. TFS my friend. I always Love your Christmas cards. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sparkly Christmas bells, and how you added a pop of red with the ribbon and sentiment, Susan! Such a lovely Christmas card ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m having déjà vu... you and LeAnne were on the same wavelength using the same bell dies and gold glitter cardstock. The bells are beautiful. Great ribbon accent and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, your sentiment works perfectly with your glittery, gold bells. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sparkly jingle bells, Susan, and the ribbon they are hanging from! A very festive Christmas card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of those cute little stars and what a pretty card with a fabulous design and loving the bling x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty gold glitter bells, Susan! It's wonderful that you used the die-cut-out stars as embellishment! Love that you tucked the ribbon behind the front panel to hang the bells.
    I'm so happy to be back on the same Design Team with you! :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pair of glittery bells, Susan! I love them atop the wonky frame with the added glittery stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those glittery bells look fabulous with the red ribbon and sentiment, great idea to use the little pop out stars too, gorgeous CAS design, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sparkly bells with bright ribbon. Great design by using the little stars as embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.