A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 30 June 2020

A Penny Black Favourite Stamp

Sneaking in under the wire for the Penny Black and More Challenge "Favourite Stamps" and for the June Rudolph Days challenge.

My favourite Penny Black stamps are the adorable dogs that very much look like spaniels (and most of you know I have an English Cocker Spaniel - my third of that wonderful breed).


Easy CAS card - stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a circle die, bordered in green shimmer cs, and placed on a white shimmer card base.

I coloured the dog in the colouring of Will, my previous spaniel as the dog's pose and activity made me think more of him, than of my current spaniel.  Will died almost two years ago but I still miss that dear quirky fellow.  Here he is doing what he loved best, fetching balls at the beach in his young active days:


And an older, more serious pose:


Thanks for looking at my card and photos and sharing my memories!









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, green and white shimmer cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched circle die, MFT wonky stitched circle die

14 comments:

  1. Will had such a wonderful life and what a great way to bring him back into your thoughts seeing such a cute image of a dog with presents. Great water colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp reminds you of Will and you've coloured it in his colours. The card is really adorable, and so was Will. Such a gentle soul. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful card, yes we do miss them don't we and they never really leave us. Many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you have realised, but your link on Rudolph Days Challenge is 'Penny Black & More' ?

    Oooo a great image & coloured perfectly to match your spaniel too, thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge,

    Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know - I've fixed my link!

      Delete
  5. Will looks like such a sweet dog and making a card in his likeness is so nice. I almost just adopted a spaniel but he was gone already. Do they shed very much and do you get them groomed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A delightful Christmas card, my friend! Will was such a handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun Christmas card. That dog is so darn cute! Glad you made it to the challenge...I fixed the extra entry. It happens all the time so do not feel bad...only an admin can fix it...
    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Me again, without my official hat on. Can you let me know where you find pearlzed card heavy enough to make card bases?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Susan and what wonderful memories of your dear friend. You are so right- the dog on the card certainly resembles him and you painted him perfectly. I too love those Penny Black pup stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super image and love the circle die, great Christmas card. Thank you for joining our 'So Cute' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos of Will x. A darling of a card and super cute Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card with your wonderful watercoloring, Susan! Thank you for sharing the photos and memories of Will. He was darling and handsome, and I'm sure he felt he was lucky to live with you.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why this is your favourite stamp. Adorable card and beautifully watercoloured.
    Great pics of Will to remember him by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.