A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 14 June 2020

Nice Colours

Sneaking in at the last minute to enter the Color Throwdown challenge.

 
 
I really like the blues and purple together, and came up with this card:
 
 
First I made a smooshed background on watercolour paper with various Distress Oxide inks to get the shades of blue. Then stamped the grass, smaller flowers, and butterfly. I then sponged the purple and green (and brown for the flower centre) through a cone flower stencil, cleaned the stencil, and went over it again with clear embossing paste.

I added a narrow black border, a sentiment, and a TH clipping sticker.
 
I hope everyone had a good weekend!
 








Supplies:
Stamps - various small wildflower and grass stamps, TH thank you
Ink - Archival Jet Black, various Distress Oxide inks
Paper - white and black cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing paste, cone flower stencil, TH clipping sticker

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS Mixed Media card Susan! Love how you've used the challenge colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that purple cone flower with the pretty blue, smooshed background, Susan! A wonderful way to use these pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this, Susan! The colors are incredible and love that you added colored images over your background, something not always easy to do. This is such a creative and innovative card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design! Love your smooshed ink background and how you stamped over it. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty way to use the colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful mixed media card and what a fabulous colour combination x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the challenge colors, Susan! The stenciled & embossing pasted flower against the smooshed sky background looks amazing! Love the shade of green too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.