A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Snowflakes, Embossed and Die Cut

I'm playing with snowflakes today.


I dry embossed a piece of vellum with a snowflakes embossing folder.  The embossing seemed to stand out more with a darker background so I put a piece of silver cs behind it.  Then added a silver heat embossed sentiment to a strip of vellum and layered that over it. I die cut a silver cs frame using two rectangle dies and used it to hide the tape that shows through vellum.  I die cut a large snowflake out of glitter cs and a small one out of the silver cs and layered them on top to finish it off.

It's going in last minute card for CAS Mix Up "Embossed Vellum".

 











Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. sentiment
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - white and silver cs, vellum, glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Embossalicious snowflake embossing folder, Spellbinders snowflake dies and rectangle dies, silver embossing powder, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours Susan, I love your embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas card with the embossed vellum, silver accents and the frame. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan! I LOVE your gorgeous white and silver snowflake card. So beautiful with the dry embossed vellum layered over a silver panel. Your double layer snowflake is so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty Susan! I love the layered snowflakes and vellum sentiment strip. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one really caught my eye, Susan. What a fabulous look to it using the silver card stock and glitter snowflake. It has such an elegant look to it. Thank you for describing your process too. Someday I will try and work with vellum again since I just love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snowflakes embossed in vellum! They are extra lovely with the silver background and die cut, sparkly snowflake! Another beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant. Agree embossed vellum looks better with colour behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dry embossed on vellum background, Susan. Wonderful CAS Christmas card design. So please you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Always great to add a card to your Christmas stash too:-) Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and great use of the vellum with the dry and heat embossing. Loving the snowflake too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful and elegant Christmas card! Love the large glitter snowflake on the embossed vellum! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, Susan! The silver showing through the vellum looks awesome and the embossed snowflakes do stand out. Love that you used the silver color to bring all the different elements together and to give the card a sense of unity.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So mant pretty cards. I love the one with the two dogs. I'm following now. I love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.