A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Framed Spaniels

Just Us Girls is asking us to add a frame to our cards.

 
 
I needed to make a thank you card for my dog breeder so decided to frame the two dogs.
 
 
I stamped and fussy cut the two spaniels - one looks like Tessa and is in her colouring, and the other looks like dear old Will who passed away two years ago.  I die cut the pierced frame die three times and glued them together to give substance to the frame.

Here's a photo of the two of them together - Tessa still a puppy, Will a tired old fellow - but they loved to snuggle together.


I sure do miss sweet Will.








Supplies:
Stamps - Grey Wolf Graphics dog stamp, Raintree dog stamp, Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, Distress Vintage Photo
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - MFT pierced square frame die

8 comments:

  1. The most adorable card and the the sweetest of photo....Thank you for sharing x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the card is adorable, but those two on the couch warms my heart! what a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous framed card Susan. What a sweet photo of two buddies on your couch. Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww ... a beautiful card that Sherry is going to love. Definitely looks like Tessa and Will on your card. What a sweet photo of the two of them. I know that you miss Will so much. Hugs to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card and a great tribute to both dogs. I love seeing the photo of the two :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, Susan, Will was such an important part of your life. This card is such a tribute to him and your dear Tessa! Sending hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely spaniel card, Susan! I can see Tessa and Will in your card. It's like a framed photo of them. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so heartwarming. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.