A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 15 June 2020

Jingle Bells

A quick reminder about the CAS Christmas challenge that is running until June 24th.  This month the theme is Bells.


I stamped the bells on watercolour paper and painted with my Gansai Tambi paints that include metallic gold and copper paints.  I used them on the bells - in real life, there is more shimmer than in the photo.  I fussy cut the bells, popped them up on a cs square with "Jingle" stamped on it, and bordered with gold shimmer cs.

You have until June 24th to enter our "Bells" CAS challenge.  Please check out the other samples from the Design Team if you want more inspiration.









Supplies:
Stamps - SU bells, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, gold shimmer and white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, foam tape

13 comments:

  1. Just love how you colored those bells, Susan - very vintage looking - and I love the gilded frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hee...we both used the same Christmas bells and came up with such different CAS designs. Don't you just love the versatility of stamped images:-) Love the bit of distressed coloring and the gold framing. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sentiment, Susan! It's so perfect with your golden bells! Another great Christmas card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS layout and such pretty Christmas bells :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just hear your pretty bells giving their little jingle! Lovely coloring on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design for your gold bells and framing Susan. So beautiful and elegant. LOVE the jingle font! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Christmas card, Susan! I love how you watercolored the bells and your elegant sentiment is just perfect...Love this card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Susan! Your golden bells are water colored so beautifully and I LOVE your simple but elegant jingle sentiment! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS perfection and the frame sure does show off the pretty bells x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Beautifully watercoloured and designed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, your metallic bells are so pretty. Love how you framed it in gold too. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bells look so realistic with the metallic gold and copper watercolor paints, Susan! I can imagine the pretty shimmer.
    Great job of fussy-cutting (especially the irregular curves of the ribbon)!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you've framed these shimmery bells Susan, I too love the font on the sentiment, gorgeous Christmas card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.