A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 2 July 2020

A Masculine Sympathy Card

For The Male Room challenge - "Use Die Cuts":


I used a tree die cut which seems appropriate for a sympathy card for a male friend.


I rustled through my box of backgrounds and found one in muted blues and greens suitable for a masculine card.  It was created with the rolling marble technique (see here for a tutorial).  I didn't have any regular round marbles so used the slightly irregular-shaped florists' marbles. I seemed to end up with more blotches than the results the tutorial shows with regular marbles.

I trimmed it down to the size I wanted and popped it up on fun foam. I die cut the tree out of brown cs and sponged the edges with Gathered Twigs ink to give a bit of definition. I added a white heat embossed sentiment over the trunk.









Supplies:
Stamps - Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white;  Distress Gathered Twigs;  Distress reinkers - Old Paper, Faded Jeans; ColorBox white
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession Bare Tree die, white embossing powder, florists' marbles, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Perfect colour combo and layout for a masculine sympathy card Susan. Those are so tough to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card design for a masculine sympathy and I do love your colors! The brown looks fabulous over the blue and green. Sad that we need sympathy cards and often times needed them yesterday. I never have any on hand. The background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this artsy background with the die cut tree, Susan! A perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card, great colour combination and a fun technique x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bigger splats and the blue and green look so nice together. The bare tree says sympathy and it's a good masculine card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the results from the irregular marbles look so cool. Great colours and image for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really gorgeous sympathy card. I love that background. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done - that background is perfect with the die cut.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous background, Susan. I really like how it looks with the die-cut tree. The shading on the tree gives it lots of definition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great male card :-)) I like all die cuts you use.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.