A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 6 February 2020

Love in a Shaker

A card for the Paper Players challenge "Love is in the Air".


I decided to make a shaker card as I haven't done one for ages.

I die cut the heart shape from white shimmer cs and using acetate, fun foam, and double sided tape, created a shaker with it. I filled it with red, silver, and white sequins and some tiny red cs hearts that came out of a die cut I'll be using on another project.

The sentiment is die cut from red cs.

Here's a close-up of the shaker part to show all the lovely things inside it:


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope to be back with at least one or two other Valentines soon as a friend asked me to make 4 or 5 Valentine cards for her.








Supplies:
Paper - white shimmer cs, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Love word die, heart die, acetate, fun foam, tiny red cs hearts from a previous die cut, red, silver, and white sequins

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What an awesome clean and simple Valentine shaker card, Susan! I absolutely LOVE your LOVE card! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, who doesn't LOVE a shaker card! Such a clean and simple beauty! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and I have a profound respect for those of you who do not struggle with a shaker card. Love that you happened to have that "confetti" to use for this- so perfect for a Valentine card. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect valentine card Susan, I love the simplicity of your shaker frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty shaker, Susan! Love the added little hearts with the sequins and that wonderful die cut Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Love the red and clear sequins and hearts in the shaker, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shaker. Simple and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous shaker and I love the way you did the heart and filled it with the fun elements x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty heart shaker card, Susan. I love the tiny hearts with the sequins and the shimmery paper. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.