A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 17 February 2020

Black, Gold, and Cream with Hedgehogs

A Christmas card for the Just Us Girls "Black, Gold, and Cream" Color Challenge:


How I made it:

- stamped the image and sentiment in black on watercolour paper (which I consider cream in colour as opposed to white)
- watercoloured the image (including the stars - my Gansai Tambi watercolour paints include a metallic gold)
- trimmed the panel and bordered it with thin strips of black cs on a gold shimmer card

I love those cute hedgehogs!









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black hedgehogs, Stampabilities sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, gold shimmer and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints

9 comments:

  1. Those hedgies are so adorable!! Love it done in the challenge colours, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Susan! Love these hedgies with their stars and all that shimmery gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan this is soooooo cute and adorable. Fabulous in this weeks JUGS colour challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Susan,the gold touches make these cute hedgies so classy. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling that when Penny drew this frolicking star-studded image, she pictured just this stunning design of gold shimmer base and a black border to showcase it!! Perfection, Susan! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this with the gold....just elevates the whole cute scene.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those cute hedgehogs and I love this shimmery and adorable card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. This combo was challenging, but you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These hedgehogs are so cute! I wouldn't have thought it possible to make such an adorable card using this color scheme! Well done! Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.