A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Timeless Heart

I have a friend who always orders a few Valentine cards from me.  This is one of the ones I made for her.


I sprinkled red and pink Brushos on watercolour paper and spritzed with water.  When dry, I die cut the heart, and used Distress Black Soot to stencil over it.

Initially I was just going to pop it up with fun foam on the wonky stitched background rectangle but it looked too plain - just needed a little more so I stamped Timeless Texture stamps behind it in very pale grey (by stamping off before adding to my background).

A simple die cut sentiment finished it off.

It's going to be linked up with:

The Paper Players Color Challenge - Red, Pink, Black, and White











Supplies:
Stamps - SU Timeless Textures
Ink - Distress Black Soot, Memento London Fog
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - heart die cut, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, TCW Confetti stencil, fun foam,

5 comments:

  1. The composition of your wonderful card looks fabulous Susan and very romantic. Such a pretty heart and loving the subtle stamping on the background too x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, Susan!! I love the mixed media heart card. So fun and great idea to use second generation stamping to get the cool gray images in the background. LOVE how the colours spread on the heart ... and so fantastic with stamping over top in black. This is AWESOME! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stenciling on that gorgeous Brusho heart, Susan! The stamping in gray on the background is just right for adding some interest but not overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this card is so fabulous Susan! The brusho colors really make an impact and the stencil on top gives it a cool artsy look. The background is perfect with the stitched border and pale gray elements. As always, it's wonderful to have you share at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful...love the look.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.