A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 13 February 2020

Joy of a Little Dog

The CAS Christmas Challenge is asking for "Joy" this month.  One of the great joys in my life is Tessa, my sweet English Cocker Spaniel.


Penny Black makes some lovely stamps that have a very spaniel-like dog that reminds me of Tessa.  One of them is a very tiny stamp, with the dog wearing a collar with a star.  The star, in my mind, makes it suitable for a Christmas card.

I have a great little tag die that has "joy" as part of it.  And the dog fits right on it perfectly.  I stamped the dog, coloured the collar and star with sparkly gel pens, and die cut it with the matching die. 

I die cut the "joy" tag three times and glued them together to give it dimension, stamped a few little stars on the top in gold, and added the die cut dog to it.

I added it to a gold shimmer stitched rectangle die cut and popped that up on fun foam.  I'd meant to put a brad through the tag's hole but forgot so added a red gemstone instead.

I'm also linking it up to the Less is More Less (Tiny and Few) challenge where they want you to see how small you can go with your images.  My dog and the stars are pretty tiny!  And there's only one dog and three stars.











Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, Stampendous star stamp
Ink - Delicata Gold Glitz, Archival Vintage Photo
Paper - gold shimmer and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black matching dog die, Impression Obsession joy tag die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, red and gold glitter pens, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. Your Tessa is just adorable, what a beautie. The card captures her colors beautifully and I love the small tag die you used! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card ... it really does look like Tessa on the tag. :) She is so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag, Susan. Love the little dog and love the triple die cut tag. That is such a wonderful die! I always believed any image can be for Christmas depending on design and sentiment. That is such an adorable stamp and works perfectly for this

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stamp and no wonder it reminds you of Tessa. A super cute tag and love how it has the word joy at the bottom. A really adorable card x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessa is such a beauty and this stamp does remind me of her. Love the joy tag and all that gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tess is an adorable little rascal, and the perfect little joy in your life. Love your joy card with the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa is adorable and so is your card with that PB image. Cool tag, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.