A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 30 December 2023

Christmas Birds and Snow Dust

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

I treated myself to a Penny Black stamp I'd been eyeing for a while (even though I have more than enough Christmas bird stamps - but I just can't resist them!).

I bought it not realizing how big it is - hard to use on a regular A2 card so this is quite a bit larger.  I kept it simple - stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with my Tim Holtz deckle edge trimmer, and added to a red card base.  I added Glossy Accents to all the berries.

It's for a few challenges - Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Christmas", NBUS, Christmas Cards All Year Round "Anything Christmas", Shopping Our Stash "Winter Holidays", and Triple B "Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms".

A second card today is for two challenges - Double D "Winter / Snow Scene".  I was inspired by the beautiful blue and white of the snowy scenes in their mood board (see below).  And for Stamping Sensations "Favourite Colours" - my absolute favourite colour is blue, and I love blue and white together.


I stamped the trees with Versamark and heat embossed with a glitter white embossing powder. Then added a mask to create a snow bank and sponged two shades of blue Distress ink over the panel. The sentiment is die cut from white shimmer cs and stacked twice for dimension. The panel is popped up on fun foam on a white shimmer card base.

...or Hedgie    Grab our badge! 

 

 Grab Our Badge!  Please share our badge!    

Please grab our logo








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black birds, SU sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, dark red cs
Size - 5.5x4.75"
Accessories - watercolour paints, Tim Holtz deckle edge trimmer, Glossy Accents

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black Snow Dust
Ink - Versamark, Distress Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire
Paper - white cs, white shimmer cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Penny Black winter die, Judikins White Diamond embossing powder, fun foam


6 comments:

  1. Such sweet Christmas birds, Susan! I see why you've been wanting them! Love the white embossing and the beautiful blue background! You have inspired me to use that stamp again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about buying too many bird stamps, but this one is gorgeous :) and your tree stamps is one of my favouite xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are adorable ... no wonder you couldn't resist! :) And I love the beautiful snow-filled tree over your lovely blue watercoloured background. Two awesome cards Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute trio of robins on this lovely PB stamp, no wonder you wanted it, and so beautifully coloured too Susan, and I love the white embossed tree with snow blowing off it, and such a pretty blue background with the large sentiment right in the front. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Winter card in blue and shite, most effective, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Sue. I can understand how you fell in love with this sweet littlebird image! It's super sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.