A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 30 November 2023

Under the Wire Again

There are so many great challenges out there but sadly I miss some of the deadlines and then there are these where I just get a card posted in time.

For Christmas Cards All Year Round "Holiday Song or Carol", I chose O Little Town of Bethlehem:


Stamped, coloured with coloured pencils, and a strip of gold tape added down one side for a bit of embellishment.

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge wants "Christmas not as we know it" so I went with some very different looking snowmen:


My friend Bonnie kindly stamped off a few of this image and sent them to me.  This is a variation on one I posted a couple of months ago.  Stamped, watercoloured, bordered in black.

And a threefer today.  Inkspirational wants a card for any of the seasonal holidays so I am posting a Hanukkah one for this one.


I created the focal image by stamping and heat embossing the menorah in silver and die cutting with a circle die.  The background has a flourish and sentiment stamped and heat embossed in blue.   I embellished with little silver jewel stickers on the flourish.

Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round
   

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Woodware Peaceful Night
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - 7.25x3.75"
Accessories - coloured pencils, gold tape

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rubber Cottage "Snowflakes"
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Hero Arts Happy Hanukkah, SU flourish, Rubbernecker Hanukkah sentiment frame
Ink - ColorBox True Blue and Silver
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear and silver embossing powders, Dazzles silver jewel stickers, Spellbinders circle and rectangle dies

7 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful and fun. LOVE the funky snowmen! Thanks so much for playing with Christmas Kickstart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly a belated Happy Birthday and I hope you had a lovely day Susan. These three cards are all so different but really pretty. I have this Woodware stamp myself, and I used it last year for some of my cards, and love the colours you have used, and then the fun and quirky snowmen made me smile, and the last Hannukkah card with the lovely Menora, and the blue flourishes make a great background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful holiday designs Susan - love that Bethlehem village, so wonderfully colored, the cute row of snowmen and the lovely menorah on your silver and blue Hanukkah card! thanks for sharing it at Inkspirational: seasonal! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 beautiful designs that all fit our seasonal theme. The Hanukkah design is different, I like how the background with sentiment and swirls look and the clean elegant feel to it all. Nicely done. Thanks for playing with us at Inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing along with the gang at Christmas Kickstart - I love your quirky snowmen very much! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Susan. I LOVE the Bethlehem image done in gold. It's so beautiful. Your crazy snowmen are so fun and made me smile ... especially the one that looks like Grocho Marx! :) And then a beautiful and elegant Hanukkah card. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Susan, I think my favourite is the little town of Bethlehem scene, so pretty in a slimline card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.