A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 November 2023

Posting a Letter to Santa

Peace on Earth challenge's new mood board has a lovely photo of a mail box.  It inspired me to pull out a stamp of a sweet little dog posting what I imagine to be his letter to Santa.


The image is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils.  Then bordered with gold shimmer cs and layered on a snowflake embossed panel.  I went over the snowflakes and the top of the postbox with a quickie glue pen and added glitter.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board that inspired me:

We'd love to have you join us at Peace on Earth with either a card inspired by the mood board or an "anything Christmas" card!

I'm also linking my card up with NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) as I've never inked up the stamp before (though I've had it for a few years!).

Grab our badge to display on your blog.









Supplies:
Stamps - Crafters Companion
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - gold and white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Embossalicious snowflake embossing folder, coloured pencils, glitter

11 comments:

  1. Wow I love the scene you have created with the snowy look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Susan, I love these little Crafters Companion scenes. Awesome colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image is so cute Susan, and love your colouring with pencils, and the dry embossed snowflake background looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable, what a cute mailbox and an adorable pup to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image, Susan, and I love your coloring! Poor darling does look a bit sad that he can't reach up to the slot. I have faith someone came along to help him out! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their schtuff! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute mailbox and pup, Susan! Perfect for this mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable and so beautiful in colour too, love your card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww ... so cute! Great colouring of this sweet image, Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little dog, Susan! Just imagining he's posting a letter to Santa makes him even more adorable! Your pencil-coloring adds a warm and nostalgic feeling to the scene, and I love it! The snowflake dry embossing on the white panel is a wonderful touch as well.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.