A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 11 November 2023

One New Stamp, One Very Old Stamp

More Christmas of course!  Today I'm using a new stamp on my first card and a very old stamp on my second one!

First for the Double D challenge "Oh Deer".  They have a lovely mood board (see below) and I chose the upper left image of the spotted fawns to inspire me to choose the stamp I used:

I just love the Anita Jeram stamps from Colorado Craft Co. so am buying a lot of her Christmas designs.  Since it's a new stamp that I hadn't yet inked up, I'm linking it at NBUS as well.  

Watercoloured, trimmed with a pierced dot die, layered over copper shimmer cs, with glitter added to the snow lines and on the tree branches.

My second card is for Shopping Our Stash "Embossing Wet or Dry".  I went with an embossed background and one of the stamps I bought in my early years of card making.

I created an embossed script background with cream shimmer cs for my focal panel of a stamped and watercoloured image of a chickadee and greenery.   I die cut the image with an oval die cut and also die cut a red oval border. 

GRAB OUR BADGE!    Grab our badge to display on your blog. 

Grab Our Badge!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co., SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, copper shimmer and off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders pierced dot rectangle die, glitter

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Beautiful Season, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - cream cs, red shimmer and cream shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, script embossing folder, Spellbinders oval dies

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first card with the sweet bunny & fawn! And the stamp you used on the second card has been a favorite for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably tweet Christmas twofers! Both are beautifully watercoloured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does have sone amazing and sweet designs! Love the scene you created. Sweet and serene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Oh Deer Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene with the bunny and fawn is so sweet and I agree, her stamp are great. The second card uses a stamp that will never go out of style and is colored so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I love your card with the fawn and the sweet bunny and your bird card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Susan! I have both of these sets and your scenes are so so pretty. Nothing is better to me than seeing newer and older supplies being used. Your coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards Susan. The fawn and rabbie are so adorable together. I'm with you ... Anita's images are so sweet!! And love the classic bird with holly. Beautiful colouring on both cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embossed scripted background is so elegant!! Way to go shopping your stash...that stamp might be a oldie but it is a goodie!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash...we are so glad your joined the fun!!
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS509

    ReplyDelete
  9. your little bunny is so adorable and love the classic bird image on the second card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.