A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 20 November 2023

Dry Embossed Snow, Heat Embossed Poinsettias

Two new Christmas cards today.  For Can You Handle the Pressure (anything goes with dry embossing;  I didn't use the twist of turkey / Thanksgiving as I'm in Canada and we've already had our Thanksgiving), and for Stamping Sensations "Christmas":


The image is stamped in black and coloured with coloured pencils, then trimmed and bordered with black cs, layered on a dry embossed panel, and added to a white card base.

My second card is for My Time to Craft Christmas "Poinsettias" and Color Hues "Red and Gold":

I sponged a bit of darker red ink around the edges of a piece of red cs, then stamped and heat embossed the Christmas poinsettias / holly image in gold.  I bordered in gold shimmer cs, added a sentiment from my leftovers box (die cut from a piece that had gilding flakes stuck to it), and added Glossy Accents to all the berries in the image.

Please Grab Our Badge Please grab our logo   My Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Serendipity farm, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Darice embossing folder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - ColorBox gold, Distress Aged Mahogany
Paper - gold shimmer and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, Glossy Accents, Tattered Lace "greetings" die, gilding flakes

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scenic card with the pope of red against the white, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge. Please could you add a working link to our challenge name so you are eligible.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful Christmas cards Susan. LOVE the gorgeous winter scene with embossed snowflake background. Adding just touches of colours really brings this to life! And your red and gold poinsettias are beautiful. LOVE the gilding flake sentiment is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first card with this pretty winter scene, and perfect with just a bit of colour on the houses and a few of the trees, and the embossed snowflake background suits it perfectly Susan, and then the gold embossing on red card is really eyecatching. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards! Those red poinsettias embossed on gold are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan: Both cards are marvelous! The poinsettias in red and gold is very elegant! Thanks for participating in this theme at MTTCC!! Appreciate that! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I'm back again for a newish challenge blog that I started in October. Your first card with the country scene would be perfect for "FarmQuest Country Christmas" challenge blog. The focus is exterior Christmas decorations and wintery landscapes/nature scenes/snowy weather elements. I would love for you to check that out. There's still time to participate in #2. I just released a reminder post yesterday dubbed #2.5. --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your winter scene is gorgeous, I just love the traditional and country Christmas feel. Thanks so much for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards, I always love that snowy farm house scene and your poinsettia is so pretty in red and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Wintry scene and love the embossed snowflakes.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both beautiful, especially the first one where it is the winner at CYHTP. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful holiday cards!!! The one made for our challenge is particularly striking. Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.