A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 16 May 2020

Lavender - Lilac - Purple Inchies


The current Double D challenge is asking for "Lavender - Lilac - Purple".  Isn't that a divine colour combination!

I made two panels with various Magicals by sprinkling the colours on watercolour paper, spritzing with water, and letting dry.

Then I stamped each panel with a different background stamp - one with positive flowers, one with negative flowers - and heat embossed in white.

I took a 1" square die and cut three inchies out of each piece (selecting the flowers I liked best). I spaced them out on white cs, bordered with dark purple, and added a sentiment.


I have a friend who absolutely loves purple so will be sending this to her.










Supplies:
Stamps - Rubbernecker background stamp (positive flowers), unknown background stamp (negative flowers), Savvy Stamps sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white, Memento Grape Jelly
Paper - white and purple cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, Spellbinders square die, Magicals, SU sentiment label punch

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful inchies, Susan. TFS all your detailed steps. I loved the color combo too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always intended to make a card in this style and never did. Yours is stunning, Susana and I really do love those colors. Thanks too for the reminder to try an inchie card. I love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Inchie cards Susan, so classically beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend will love this beautiful and original card. The design layout and colours look fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome inchies, Susan! Love the purple and lilac and how you've used stamps with the positive and negative flowers! Your purple loving friend will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful inchies, Susan! Love the gorgeous magical's colors! Stamping positive flowers and negative flowers adds so much interest and balances the portion of the colors and the white.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Susan! What a great design using the challenge colours. Your friend is going to love this card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this looks....great card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.