A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 11 May 2020

A Couple of Masculine Cards

I really struggle with masculine cards so follow two challenges that focus on them so that I can get ideas. 

First up The Male Room where the current challenge is "Sentiment in Focus".

 

I made a pet sympathy card that uses the sentiment as the focal point.


I stamped it and heat embossed it in black, then die cut with a label die. I left the cs in the die and sponged the exposed part. That left a nice white border around the edge. I added a black background die cut label - so I've got three sets of curved borders around my sentiment.  Added it all to a paw print dp background.


And then there is Cards 4 Guyz where the current challenge is "Vintage".  I used a vintage ship image.


I made a "wrinkle free distress" background in blues and greens, and stamped the ship on it. I popped it up on fun foam and bordered with blue and green. I used a Tim Holtz rub-on for the sentiment.

I'll be back with something more feminine next time! 










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Wordsworth sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Antique Linen
Paper - white and black cs, unknown dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders label dies, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Tim Holtz ship
Ink - Archival Jet Black, various green and blue Distress inks
Paper - ivory, green, and blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz rub-on sentiment, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. Two wonderful masculine cards Susan, perfect fits for those challenges, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful first card and loving the vintage vibe with the second one Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great masculine cards, Susan! Great job of tying the curves of the label to coordinate with the paw prints! Great vintage card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful masculine cards Susan! Lovely sentiment on your sympathy card and a great design with your beautiful shaped main panel. The vintage ship is an amazing image. Love it with the background you've created with wrinkle free technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment on your first card, such a wonderful thought. It brought a smile and a tear thinking about our old dog.
    Your second is a great masculine card with wrinkle free distress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think as far as struggling to make masculine cards, you have successfully achieved GREAT cards. A beautiful sentiment with the paws background, would be much appreciated methinks. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sentiment in focus challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sentiment, beautiful and a little pit sad.Love the layout and the DP with paw prints. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sentiment in focus challenge at The Male Room. I hope you'll join our new "In the Garden" challenge also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Susan, what a beautifully designed vintage card you've created! I love the colours, and, of course, the stunning ocean liner. Thanks so much for sharing with us for our Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous masculine cards, the wonderful olden days of cruising on a first class liner. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Stay safe and well. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.