A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 21 May 2020

A CAS Masculine Card and a Horse Silhouette

Another Twofer today!  I seem to blog in fits and starts!

For the Paper Players challenge:



I seem to have had a run on masculine cards lately.  Not my favourite to make as I find them difficult.  For this one, I pulled out a globe die.


I created a background for the globe with blue brushos sprinkled and spritzed on coated cs. I die cut the globe out of mixed media cs and smooshed it in various green and brown Oxide inks. I glued it to the blue background and trimmed away the excess blue.

I used a star stencil and embossing paste to create a background panel, added the globe to it, attached it to a linen card base, and finished off with two Tim Holtz rub-ons.



And today's second card is for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:

 

I went with a white silhouette:


I used a piece of designer paper for my background as it has perfect dots of snow on it.

I topped it with a die that creates a perfect scene of a silhouette of horse, trees, snowy hill. And added a sentiment.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy day! 










Supplies for card 1:
Ink - various Oxide inks
Paper - mixed media cs, coated cs, linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - globe die, blue Brushos, embossing paste, star stencil, Tim Holtz rub-ons

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Memento Danube Blue
Paper - white cs, Kiwi Scrapbook dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Starlitt Studio die, sentiment label die

13 comments:

  1. I love your world with the wonderful coloring and starry background, Susan! and that horse die cut is amazing! You found the perfect paper for a background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your globe card is amazing....such interesting effects you achieved, and I love the rubons! Thanks for playing with our CAS masculine challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card - love the way you've colored your globe and set it against the blue! the embossed stars background is a genius design choice, too. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. two wonderful cards Susan, I love that globe card- perfect masculine theme :) Your horse card is so sweet and a great way to use your DP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful silhouette! That horse is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous but extra loving the masculine world one...Great colours and texture and a wonderful design x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fabulous Susan! I love the coloring on the globe card. The star stencil created the perfect background! Thank you for playing in my clean and simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful, Susan! Love that world die and the words you chose for it. Your scene with a horse looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your globe card with the beautiful colours and the dry embossed star background. Great masculine card! And your horse silhouette is so adorable. Perfect dotty paper for the background, which shows off your white winter scene wonderfully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards, Susan!
    Coloring the background with blue brushos and the globe by smooshing oxide inks worked so well! It really looks like the globe.
    Great use of the designer paper for the snowy sky for the second card! You created a wonderful winter scene with the silhouette die-cuts.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful silhouette card, thank jou for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card :-))
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great twofers. The globe is a perfect image for masculine cards... the smooshing gave it fabulous texture and realism. And speaking of perfect... awesome pattern paper sky and going with a white silhouette.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.