A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 3 May 2020

Christmas Berries

Loll is hosting the May challenge at CAS Christmas and she is asking for "Winter Berries".

I love this theme and was hard pressed to decide which of my many Christmas / winter stamps to use.  I ended up going with this one because it basically is nothing but berries.


I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with various Distress markers, spritzing lightly, stamping on watercolour paper, and repeating until I was happy.

I added the sentiment and a bit of splatter, bordered with a matching brown, and popped it up on a red card base.  I went over the snowy bits of the image with a glue pen and added glitter.

Please come and join us.  You have until May 24th to link up.  Head over to CAS Christmas for more inspiration from the Design Team and May's wonderful Guest Designer, Lynne (Designs from the Loft).










Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Distress Gathered Twigs
Paper - watercolour paper, red and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Distress markers, glitter, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. Susan, lovely berry card. Love the red base to go with your red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Susan, love the touch of glitter on the berries. Such a festive image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to love the berry stamps too and had trouble choosing which to use! This one is perfect! Love the rich red berries with the snowy touch and the deep brown of the branch and narrow mat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Susan! I do love this image and you've watercoloured it beautifully. Love it with the red framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These red berries are so lovely, Susan! The glittery snow is a wonderful finishing touch!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree, this stamp is the epitome of winter berries. Love the splatters and glitter is the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a stamp with nothing but berries, you can't go wrong with that! You did a magnificent job of coloring and bringing it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love your color combo of red, brown and white, Susan. Your pretty Winter berries really pop, especially with the red framing. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty Susan! PB makes the prettiest stamps and you've showcased it perfectly. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely berry branch Susan - so pretty with your watercoloring technique - love the glittery snow on the berries! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy berries on the branch, Susan - just love the brown/red combo and all the detailing on your berries!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning berries and a wonderufl CAS card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.