A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 6 May 2020

A Christmas Card with a Smile and a Wedding Card with a Splat





Two cards today.

First up for the Paper Players "Make You Smile" challenge and for Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) challenge.


I used a new stamp that I hadn't inked up yet - it certainly makes me smile seeing the naughty horse stealing the snowman's nose.


Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed, popped up on fun foam on a red card base - love the simplicity, love the mailability!


And today's second card, for Less is More "Scribbles, Drips, and / or Splats".

 

I need a wedding card and the people are quite artsy so thought this might work for them.


Using silver ink, I stenciled the small hearts and bits of grunge splats and dribbles on the white panel. I die cut the heart from silver glitter cs and also two narrow strips to border both sides of the panel. The sentiment is stamped in silver and heat embossed. The whole panel is popped up on fun foam.

They will be having a very small family wedding given the limitations imposed by Covid-19 so many of us who were invited won't be able to attend it - such a shame for a couple's special day!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Craft Emotions horse and snowman, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red cardstock
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Delicata Silvery Shimmer
Paper - silver glitter and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU heart die, TCW Confetti stencil, clear embossing powder, fun foam




14 comments:

  1. What a fun Christmas card image! It makes me smile, too, Susan, especially when you notice the body language of the other little critters! And your artsy wedding card will be cherished by the couple as being very personalized for them. I imagine anyone getting married in this time of Covid will never forget their anniversary date!! Take care and keep safe and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. that Christmas card is so funny, my dogs do that every time they see a snowman with a carrot. If they can't resist how the heck is a horse supposed to.
    The wedding card is so elegant in silver, your friends will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I am in love with the horse stamp, do you happen to know the maker? It would be perfect for my Christmas cards! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card is so darn cute, Susan. Carrots are one of horses favorite treats, so no wonder he was attracted to the snowman:-) Love your coloring and red frame too.
    I am sure the wedding couple will love your glittery card filled with Love! At least they get to have family at their wedding. They will definitely treasure your thoughtful card. TFS both cards, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that horse stealing the carrot! So adorable Susan ... no wonder you had to get this stamp. Wonderfully watercoloured and looks amazing with the red card base!

    Your silver and white wedding card is certainly artsy so your friends will love it! Too bad you can't attend the ceremony. Hopefully they will video and send it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan that Christmas card is too funny - I love it! Beautifully coloured too. Thanks for making me smile over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee, hee, I love how the bunnies and dog are standing guard so the horse can get his snack! A fun Christmas card, my friend! The rich, red frame really makes the design pop! And the wedding card is pure elegance! It's uplifting to see that people are going ahead with their weddings in very imaginative and beautiful ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The horse stealing the carrot is the funniest stamp ever! The look in his eyes is a hoot. Great card and the wedding card is perfect for an artsy couple. Covid has ruined a lot of brides dream weddings but the love is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha, ha, 😂 Fun Christmas card. And how amazing you made grunge splats and dribbles elegant on a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, you have the coolest stamps! Love that horse stealing the carrot and love the wedding card. I have that die and stencil so I appreciate the idea of this and how great it looks in sparkly silver!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Christmas card, it made me chuckle. Your wedding card is super, classy, CaS and your splats are great finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Christmas card!! I had to giggle at the horse stealing that carrot nose. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun Christmas card, Susan! Love this image a lot. Beautiful wedding card too with the silver scribbled heart. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Christmas card made me smile Susan and what an elegant and pretty wedding card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.