A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 13 April 2019

Spring Birds and New Leaves

The Male Room is asking what spring brings to mind - whether it's the return of the birds, trees greening up, gardening, etc.


For me, it's definitely hearing the birds singing and the plants and trees all coming back to life.  So I combined those things for my card:


I stamped and watercoloured the bird and framed it with a circular frame I made from two circle dies. I bordered my sentiment with the same green as the frame.  I stenciled some leaves in a pale spring green in the empty space at the upper right.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU Friends 24-7 bird, Savvy Stamps sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Walnut Stain, Distress Shabby Shutters
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - leaf stencil made on Silhouette, SU label punches, Spellbinders circle dies





7 comments:

  1. Love the beautifully painted bird, Susan and absolutely love the soft stenciling on the card base. What a perfect way to enhance your artwork! It's not overwhelming, but adds the perfect touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Susan, beautiful colouring of the bird, and love the delicate stencilling of the leaves in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet bird, Susan! I love the soft leaves in the background. We are seeing a lot of those new leaves here. The birds have spent the winter with us and some are getting their bright summer plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect masculine colours and the design is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the delicacy of the background on this card. thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design Susan. Your bird is so sweet and perfect with the green circular frame. Love the addition of the stenciled leaves on the one side. Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design! I love the soft leaves in the background. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.