A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 11 April 2019

Brightly Lit Windows

I'm sneaking in under the wire for the Less is More challenge:


I went with a Christmas card and electric light, showing all the windows in the houses lit up with light on a cold winter's evening.


My sky was created by putting gesso through a snowflake stencil to create a resist and then using a variety of blue, pink, and mauve sprays to create a wintry sky. Unfortunately the gesso absorbed some of the colour.

I then die cut the village and taped it over the sky panel, and then used a white card base with stamped sentiment. As a final touch, I went over the windows with a gold gel pen as if all their lights were on.







Supplies:
Stamps - Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Vivid Sky Blue
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various blue, pinky, and mauve sprays; snowflake stencil, gesso, AE village die, gold gel pen



8 comments:

  1. Susan I love the gesso/ stencilled sky so much dimensions and soft muted colours, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go using gesso, Susan. Your sky is gorgeous with the mix of sprays. Such a clever idea to have the lights on to "shine a light" for Less is More! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely take on our challenge. Love all the lights in the houses and this winter sky is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm glow of lighted windows in a house! These look particularly welcoming with that snowy sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the gesso absorbed the color. The snowflakes meld beautifully to that gorgeous background. Love the choice of die cuts on this too. You do have a wonderful collection of dies and stamps, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a terrific take on the sketch, Susan! My brain was not lit at all with this one, lol! By the way, I have to say I also LOVE that ombre Christmas card you did a coupla posts ago! Stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and take on the challenge theme, Susan. The lights are definitely shining bright through the windows against the frosty sky. Perfect use of Gesso. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the effect of the gesso as a partial resist....Wonderful scene making and a really cute card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.