A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 4 April 2019

Quick and CAS Iris


A thank you card for a couple of challenges.  Very quick to make and very CAS.

The Paper Players set a tic-tac-toe challenge.


I chose a diagonal line - die cut, embossing, and floral.

And the AAA Challenge asked for:


I die cut the iris out of watercolour paper and painted it with my Gansai paints, then went back in with coloured pencils to add a bit more detail. I cut two more of the iris and glued them together for more substance to the iris.

I glued it to an embossed panel and added a heat embossed sentiment on a scrap of purple cs.

It was such a quick card to make and I really like the results so am tempted to make a few more to have on hand.






Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white and purple cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box iris die, Gansai watercolour paints, coloured pencils, white embossing powder, Craft Concepts embossing folder



9 comments:

  1. Your iris is so pretty, Susan! Great watercolouring and detailing with coloured pencils. The iris pops off the dry embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet iris card, Susan! I love the soft coloring and the embossed background. The details with the pencils add so much dimension to the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You colored that iris just perfectly, Susan. It looks so real! This looks fabulous against your embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous texture, pretty colouring and such a clean and beautiful CAS card x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Susan! I love the texture. Your coloring is gorgeous. Clean and simple perfection! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that pretty die and I thank you for the gorgeous inspiration, Susan! It looks so real and it's a stunning QACAS design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Iris is one of my favourites! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo, an iris - also one of my favourite Spring flowers. Fabulous card. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAStastic and striking, Susan. Gorgeous colouring of your iris. The embossed background is just beautiful and highlights it perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.