A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 28 April 2019

Christmas Bunny

I had fun today making a card for the Christmas Kickstart "Christmas Bunnies" challenge.


It was a good chance to ink up a stamp I'd never used!

I stamped the image, coloured it with markers, didn't like how I'd coloured the bunny so restamped, recoloured the bunny, fussy cut it, and put on top of the first one - nice to have the extra dimension!

I die cut a slope out of the same white cs and layered it over the piece with the bunny on it to create the hill he is tobogganing on.  I used Stickles to go over the profile of the hill, to add sparkle to the snowy bits on the bunny image, and to add random streaks of flying snow as the toboggan goes down the hill.

A simple sentiment, a bit of fun foam behind the focal panel, and a red card base finished it off.

Here's a photo from a different angle that shows the sparkle of the Stickles better:


Thanks for stopping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - red and white cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - markers, "Diamond Ice" Stickles, fun foam



11 comments:

  1. This bunny is adorable, Susan! I love how you colored him with his red mittens and scarf! He looks like he's having lots of fun sledding down the hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny tobogganing (I didn't know this word, so I googled it!) is so adorable, Susan! it looks like he's going very fast. :-D
    I love the sparkle of the Stickles. It's so pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Susan, I love your little tobogganing bunny. your sparkly snow has created so much movement. Wonderful colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable, Susan! Love your sweet bunny. He looks like he's really flying down that mountain! I made a card yesterday where I did the same thing. Loved the background, not the image so added a new image on top. Bonus is the extra dimension. This turned out great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww….what a sweet image you used Susan and just beautifully colored too!! And I love the stickles for the snow...it really sparkles! And have to say I just LOVE coming to your blog just to see your new header again...boy do I love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Susan! I never realised just how many beautiful Christmas bunny images existed until the gallery started to grow for this challenge. You card is a delight and I love how that little guy is sliding on a leaf. Thanks so much for playing along with The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bunny is having so much fun! You captured the movement of his journey down the hill so well. I love the bright scarf and mittens, especially the cuffs. What a fun card this is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it!! you did an awesome job of creating this adorable card.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is so cute and fun and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, that is so cute. Love your dynamic bunny. Lovely glittery snow. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.