A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Spoilt Elf

April's CAS Christmas Challenge is:


I have no elf stamps at all so had to borrow from fellow DT member, Christine - so if you see similar images popping up amongst the inspiration, that's why!


A simple stamped image and sentiment, coloured with coloured pencils and Gamsol, trimmed with a Spellbinders label die, and added to a red card base.  I added a tiny die cut holly sprig and berries to balance the panel.

Please join us, and show us your best Christmas elves.  Head over to CAS Christmas to check out the cards made by the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, JoAnn (Crafty Nana's Blog).








Supplies:
Stamps - MFT elf and sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - red cs, bristol cs, tiny scraps of green and red
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Spellbinders label die, coloured pencils



9 comments:

  1. Such a cute elf image and loving the sentiment on your wonderful CAS Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute elf. Looks like several people had the same idea. :) I almost used this same set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring with this little elf Susan, I think you should make a few more for your Christmas Sale, such a great combination with the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image ... great colouring with your pencils, Susan. Isn't it great having crafty friends so close to borrow from??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, Susan. I have this set too and it’s a great one to borrow. Beautiful pencil coloring and a wonderful design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there you go! that's quite a positive sentiment! and a very cute little elf checking out just what he has in his stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite elf from this set and I love how you've colored him! The holly works perfectly to balance the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I see we used the same adorable image, Susan. Awesome card. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling elf, Susan - glad Christine shared! Just love how you cut it in a label panel and used a square card! Perfect with the holly addition & fun sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.