A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 15 April 2019

Metallic Nativity with Red


The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge is asking for:


It can be any metallic, so I chose gold, and my one other colour is red.

The image is one I picked up at a second hand sale and it had no label on it, so I've no idea who made it.

A very CAS card - I stamped and heat embossed in gold, bordered with gold metallic cs, and mounted on fun foam on a red card base.






Supplies:
Stamps - unknown unmounted stamp
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - gold metallic, red, and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, fun foam



6 comments:

  1. Nothing prettier than metallics for Christmas! Beautiful stamp and love the bright red framing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful image and having it heat embossed in gold really adds to the elgance. Love gold and red! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous metallic colored nativity scene, Susan. Love your Red frame. Your CAS design would be fun to make in multiples. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Susan! The gold is so elegant and the red adds rich color! I love how Bethlehem is off in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan this is the perfect colour combination for such a pretty nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and CAS perfection x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.