A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 13 December 2018

Three Wooden Snowflakes

December's AAA Cards challenge is:


And 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants us to choose one of the 2017 challenges.  I had such a hard time chosing as there were lots of challenges that appealed to me so I chose two.  I posted the first one yesterday and now here's the second one from October 2017:


I went with three wooden snowflakes.


A very simple card with a rectangle of thin cork stuck to my card base, wooden snowflakes on top of it, and then a stamped vertical sentiment.


Has anyone heard how well these wooden snowflakes go through the mail?  They seem kind of fragile to me!






Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Vintage Photo
Paper - rustic white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - wooden snowflakes, thin cork



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful earthy Christmas card Susan. Love that you've used both wood and cork on your card. They work so perfectly together. Have not heard about how the snowflakes go through the mail, but think they should be fine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cork and wood work beautifully together, Susan! I found that these snowflakes break easily when I was gluing them on some gingerbread ornaments. A little bubble wrap might protect them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. two great elements to your card Susan, I love the thing layer of cork and the wooden snow flake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbly simply and quick to create. Looks stunning! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So classy and love the texture from the cork and the wood snowflakes on your gorgeous card. You've got me intrigued now too about how they go through the post X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the organic feel of the cork sheet and the wooden snowflakes, Susan! Great choice of the vertical sentiment in terms of the card design.
    I had a broken wooden snowflake on my card from a friend (international mail), but I think some protective material (bubble wrap or plastic case) will help protect the embellishment.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like a wood look. Love your simple design. I'm not always thinking about posting when I make a card, I hope your snowflakes travel well. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a wonderful take on our challenge theme! Love those wooden snowflakes! Hope they survived the postal system! And I love how you used a vertical stamp too! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.